January 28, 2011

Valentine Cookies

Please excuse me for not posting in a while! I was sicker than sick last week, and finally pulled myself together.

I wanted to make chocolate cookies rather than the standard sugar cookies for Valentine's Day. This was my trial run. However, the recipe I used was not that great. It was sticky and hard to work with, even after being refrigerated over night. It would have been better as drop cookie dough instead of rolled dough.  The taste was passable...nothing impressive. I was disappointed, but I will be trying another rolled chocolate cookie recipe I found.

The icing turned out passable this time as well. I learn something new at each attempt. I was trying to get the perfect consistency where I could kind of "cheat"....not needing stiff and flooding consistency but at last, I came to the conclusion that I personally cannot do it.  Here they are; but don't look too close, hah!




Hmmm, yea, those are nothing to brag about huh? =/ So next time, which I hope will be quite soon, I will have stiffer icing to make a dam outlining the cookie, and thinner icing to fill and flood the insides. I have not completely given up hope. I am strangely very intrigued by this challenge. Anyone have tips to share in regards to icing? 
I would greatly appreciate it!

Also, I need craft inspirations! What should we create next? 
I'm staring at my bottle of mod podge.... 
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment