June 19, 2011

Fondant Lego Topper Cupcakes

How I pipe frosting on cupcakes. It is super easy and practically fool-proof. =)

With a large star tip, pipe a ring around the cupcake like this:

Then pipe a smaller ring in the middle. When you get to the center, dip the tip down a bit, then lift up and stop squeezing the piping bag. Done!



I made these Lego toppers with fondant. I rolled it out to the thickness of a real Lego, and cut into desired size. I turned the real Lego upside down and imprinted where the dots will be on top of the fondant Lego. I re-rolled the fondant to a thin layer to make the dots. I used a #5 piping tip as my cutter to get little circles. I rolled each one, and pressed into the imprint on the fondant. If it doesn't stick, use a little dab of water (from a clean small paintbrush) to "glue" it together.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment