June 16, 2015

Strawberry Shortcake Gymnastics Themed Birthday Party!

My boo turned SIX years old!
She wanted a gymnastics party. I was whacking my brain on how to make the invitations. All of a sudden, a light bulb went off - gymnastics...Olympics...gold medal! I love how they turned out:

IMG_6685B

I got a few rolls of this Red, white & blue ribbon from Hobby Lobby:
IMG_6679

I cut off a strip and used fabric glue to secure the end:
IMG_6677


IMG_6678

I cut out 3.75 inch circles out of this glitter paper from Hobby Lobby:
Untitled

Untitled

And super glued the ribbon on the back of the circles:
IMG_6675

I designed the wording and printed it on pale yellow cardstock. I cut them out into circles and superglued them on top of the glitter circles. Make sure they are smaller so the glitter creates a border:
IMG_6684B

For party foods, these are my staples (not in the picture is the Chik Fil A chicken nugget platter):
On the gold plate are  jumbo marshmallows dipped in icing and in gold sprinkles.
In the silver star bowl are rolled up salami and cheese cubes on a gold star pick.
IMG_6966

I just used the gold stars to fit the party theme...kind of perfect, right? =)

Cake time! This year, Miss Sugar wanted an ice cream cake. Which meant I would not be able to make her cake like I do every year.  I was kind of sad, but it was easier and less stressful this way. She picked out the coordinating Strawberry Shortcake ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. We bought all the little figurines and she loved them. It's actually a busy book set that came with the toys, and they were exactly what we wanted:
IMG_6976


I recently discovered Big Birthday Cake Sparkler Candles. You can get them from Amazon but I got the same thing on Ebay because of the quicker shipping.  I'm getting these candles for every birthday from now on! The "Elle" custom glitter cake topper is from HomemadeXOjules at etsy.com. It is even more gorgeous in person!
IMG_6986

The sparkle custom green gymnastics shorts (for the Strawberry Shortcake colors) is from CathyKelly2 at etys.com. Super fast turnaround time, and A+ on communication as I requested a color that she did not make available at that time. She made it the day we spoke and shipped it out the very next day:
IMG_6993

And lastly, something that is Pinterest-inspired! I drew this with sidewalk chalk in my backyard. <3
Untitled

Happy Birthday, Boo! I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photos. I wish I could have attended my best friend’s birthday party as that was also equally enjoyable as this one. You know she booked most popular local party venues and did all arrangements of her own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how challenging it can be to think positive when here there are so many things going wrong in your life, but until you change the way that you think, you will not achieve the life that you are looking for. Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete