December 23, 2010

Christmas Cards

I was Googling for Christmas card ideas and finally found "The Inspiration". It was super easy [if you know your way around Microsoft Word or Powerpoint, and Photoshop], and creative.

I made them in all different colors - green, navy blue, turquoise blue, red, and light blue:

Here is a close up:
It is a 5" x 7". I made the 3 different ornaments and the patterns on Microsoft then Photoshopped.  I printed it to a 4" x 6" size on white cardstock paper. Then I used hand punches in the shapes of circle, heart and star.  It gives it a cool unique look, with depth and texture, and the background color coming through. I simply glued the white cardstock onto the colored cardstock.

Another close up:


Inside, I glued (glue dots are awesome) a picture of our family, along with the cutest Christmas quote by Dr. Seuss:
"And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so?  It came without ribbons.  It came without tags.  It came without packages, boxes or bags.  And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore.  Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before.  What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store?  What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more?"

Here is the work in progress, over baby dolls and puzzle pieces - what a mess!
I was hand stamping my "signature", if you will. A few years back, I saw the stamp at Michael's and had to get it. It has a barcode, and on top it says "Made just for you, because you're...PRICELESS".
=)

I got the easy "peel and seal" (is that what they are called?) envelopes, 100 for $13. That's the way to go when you're making ~90 holiday cards every year. No more wetting a paint brush to seal the flap!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

p.s. Stay tuned for my Christmas sugar cookies with shimmer, and cool superhero wrist cuffs (for my [almost] 4 year old nephew).

No comments:

Post a Comment