April 16, 2011

Coloring Matching Game

I saw this idea a long time ago, but haven't gotten to it until now. I have a lot of paint swatch cards [free] from Home Depot/Lowes. I also have a lot of clothespins.


Forgive the bad lighting and pictures. I don't know why I always take them at night. Anyways, I thought this color matching game would be a fun way to teach the Baby some colors, coordinations and motor skills.

You will need two sets of the paint color cards:


Take one set of the cards and set aside. From the second set of cards, trim each to about 2.5 inches wide:



I have a small laminator that takes letter sized papers. I put them through the machine according to its instructions:

An alternative is to use these self-seal clear contact paper. After laminating each of the trimmed card, put the set aside:

You can save the larger piece of the card for another project. We will only need the smaller piece.  Then cut out each color shade:

Get your clothespins out and trace a line on the back side:

Repeat the previous step to get two strips like so, and glue on:

Clip them on the laminated cards and you're done!

This is the back. If you want, you can use a third set of the cards and glue it together before laminating it. So that the colors are on the back too. Does that make sense?

The Baby giving it a go:

No comments:

Post a Comment