March 30, 2011

Easy Felt Easter Chick Shirts


If I can make these, so can you! With some felt material and double stick fusible web, you are good to go.

First, I found a cute little chick picture online. I traced it on regular printer paper, and cut out:

I got out a sheet of double stick fusible web and traced:


Peel the backing off and stick it onto the felt:

Cut out, and create a heart shape on another piece of felt (do the same double stick fusible web process):

This is the cloth I used over the felt as I ironed:

I made two chicks:

Position the hearts onto the shirts, and iron according to its directions:

Lastly, I slowly machine-sew the edge on. Making sure the stitch length is a bit longer than usual, or all the fabric might get too thick and start bunching up. I think my machine was set to a 4.5. You do not have to sew, but it completes the look, and gives it "double secureness" in my mind:


Done! =)

Oh, remember the fabric flowers I made here? I finally hand-sew the purple flower onto a shirt. Then on the inside of the shirt, I had cut out a little piece of fusible interfacing.  Then ironed on to make it soft and smooth:



Adorable:


Craft Junkie Too Friend





Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment