May 13, 2011

Sewing Pants and Burp Cloths

My first attempt at toddler pajama pants! It is from a sewing pattern. And now that I know how to make them, I can't believe how easy it is. Why didn't I try sooner? =) However, I had to make some adjustment to fit my (almost) 2 year old. Her height is right at 24 months, but has a 18 month waist. So I took in 1 inch from the side. The elastic I cut was around 17 inches.

This is made from minky fabric:



This is soft flannel:


Such cute fabric but I cut it wrong! Do you see how the frogs are upside down on the right, and right side up on the left? Haha. Note to self - avoid fabrics with straight lines and/or specific pattens. ;)


For my friends baby shower, I got her a gift card wrapped in these two burp cloths I made:


I forgot to iron them before taking these pictures:



But I had made these first. I think they are ok, but I am not loving them like the ones above. They remind me of sham pillow cases. So I didn't include them in the baby shower gift:



No comments:

Post a Comment