January 19, 2012

Growth Chart

[I forgot to take a full picture with the wooden dowels in]

In the paint department at Lowes, I got a package of drop cloth. There are a few kinds and sizes to choose from, ranging $10 and up. This particular one I got is a heavy weight, and was about $19:


I unrolled it and cut a strip out, following the fold line:


It is about 12" x 58":

I used Fray Check on all sides:

It will dry clear:

Snip off the long ends:

I also got a wooden dowel at Lowes for $1. I used a saw and cut it down to about 1.5 inches longer than the width:

At the top and bottom of the chart, I folded and sew a straight line across, making a little pocket for the wooden dowel to go through:



I used my yard stick, measured and drew the lines with a black Sharpie:


I free-handed the numbers with a pencil:

Used black acrylic paint to fill them in:

Put the two dowels in:

For hanging, I used twine/rope, wrapped it around the ends of the top dowel, and tied a knot:

Good luck!
=)

Oopsey Daisy

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE drop cloth projects! And this is incredibly smart!! I am so impressed. Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Alison - Thank you so much!! Love your blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So smart to use a drop cloth for this project. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete