January 08, 2012

Teachers' Christmas Gifts

Besides gift cards, I have heard that teachers like personalized things...maybe something that can be propped on their table, or hang on a classroom wall. I quickly came up with this idea and they like it!


I got the black picture frames that hold 4" x 6" pictures, and cut canvas or drop cloth to size [found in the paint department at Lowes or Home Depot]:


On my computer, I found a font I liked, and enlarged it to fit the canvas. I simply placed the fabric over my computer screen and traced the letter with a pencil:



Then I used acrylic paints and a small brush to fill in the letter:


While they were drying, I got out my Yo-Yo flower maker [found at JoAnn's for a few dollars], and made 3 flowers per frame:

Then I placed a canvas inside the frame, and hot glued the flowers on the corner.
Done!

Good luck!


1 comment: