October 23, 2013

Halloween Nail Art

Halloween is coming up fast! It's time to get into the spirit:

Untitled

After putting on a clear base coat, I did two layers of each base color -
A nude for the stitches
A white for the mummy
A gray for the ghost
A green for the spider web
A white for the candy corn
Untitled

For the candy corn -  I made an orange stripe across the middle of the nail, then a yellow stripe at the tip:
Untitled
For the spider web - I used this bottle that came with a very fine, thin, tipped brush. I drew 4 straight lines coming out from one corner. Then 2 curved lines:
Untitled
For the ghost - I put a coat of glitter and then top coated it. With a white polish, I made a tear drop shape with the tip curving to the side at the bottom of my nail. This is the body of the ghost. Then I made a little dash on either side of the ghost body for hands. Lastly, I used the black with the thin brush to make 3 dots for the face:
Untitled
For the mummy - With the black thin brush, I drew and fill in between the lines like so. With the white polish, I made 2 dots where I had filled in with the black. Then I made 2 smaller dots in black, on top of the larger white dots:
Untitled
For the stitches: I made an orange stripe at the tip. Then I drew a black line all the way across the nail where the orange and nude met. Then I drew short little black lines vertically like so:
Untitled
Remember to wait a minute or two after each layer! I put on a thick layer of top coat and drying drops. Then cleaned up the edges.  All done!
Untitled

Boo wanted Halloween nails too! I used a dotting tool here. If you don't have one, you can use a bobby pin or a straight pin.

Untitled

Good luck and hope you all have a spooktacular night!
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment