October 17, 2013

Jute Wrapped Letter

A while back, my sister in law made a jute wrapped letter "R" to hang on her front door. It turned out so cute, and she kindly sent some supplies my way so I could make my own letter! The materials were all from Amazon, click for the links.

Letter H
Jute - Ordered 2 rolls, and used 1.5 rolls
Burlap Flowers - Here, Here and Here

I already had hot glue and sewing pins on hand.

I didn't take step by step pictures, but it was pretty easily to figure out. I cut and hot glued pieces of jute on the sides. Then I wrapped it around and around, hot gluing on the intersections:

 
 

These burlap flowers are so cute. I thought I could change up the color of the flowers depending on the season, so I didn't want to permanently hot glue them on. I decided to use these little sewing pins I have, and just poked them in. The pin heads just so happen to be the similar to the colors of the flowers!



And done!


Now I just need to figure out how to hang it. I can't decide whether I want to hang it with ribbon or jute. Decisions, decisions...

Good luck!
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment