November 03, 2010

Baby Hair Clips

When I found out the gender of our baby, I was surprised. I mean, I swore up and down I was going to have a boy. I had that feeling.  I even had a boy name picked out, and none for a girl (sorry baby!). I had 2 ultrasounds with different techs, just to be 100% sure.  Yup, it's a girl. And I couldn't have been MORE excited. =)

So I made these to celebrate:

I found some tutorials online.  It calls for ribbons, hot glue, and these metal hair clips that can be found at Sally's Beauty Supply.  There are several sizes; these are the smallest.   

There are two kinds of ribbons.  One is the regular normal kind, and the other has adhesive backing.  If you use regular ribbon, you will need to hot glue.  Wrap one continuous ribbon around the clip. Start by holding the clip open and sticking the ribbon on the inside of the bottom "tongue".  Follow the form and as you go around the top, hold it open again, and will you end in the inside of the top "tongue". Then you can decorate however you wish.  The bow was made with one long ribbon, bringing the both ends to the middle of the ribbon. Then hot glue the spot. Then I took a small piece of ribbon and wrapped it around the middle part of the bow where you had just glued (where the ends of the long ribbon meets).

No comments:

Post a Comment