November 01, 2010

Booties, Blankets, Burp Cloths!

During the time when The Husband and I decided to start trying for a baby, I made these little felt baby booties.  They are so adorable.  I thought the colors red and brown would work for either a boy or a girl.  We then had a baby, but she never wore them because I made them too small! Oh well.
I found a free pattern online and it was fairly simple to sew the two pieces together.

During the long process (conceiving wasn't as easy as we hoped for), I made taggie blankets and burp cloths.  Who doesn't like paisley patterns and minky fabrics?!:


The Husband likes golfing, so I wanted to make a blanket with golf balls and clubs:

These are burp cloths.  A lot of moms told me that newborns spit up and puke a lot. And that they wish burp cloths have some sort of pocket for catching all the yuckies.  So...that's exactly what I made.  The solid color is corduroy so it does not slip down from your shoulders, and the patterned side is soft flannel.  Other fabrics will absorb the puke which leaves you in a soggy and smelly mess, rather than letting it slide down into the pocket. Sorry it is a bit umm, yucky! Anyways, the curve is there to fit around the shoulder so the cloth doesn't just bunch up at your neck:


The top is folded into the pocket part. Cute, yea?  The ribbon gives the pocket weight to stay open as you throw it over your shoulder:

The funny thing was that my baby never spitted up or puke! I know I am lucky. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment