November 06, 2010

Guest Room Tour


I've been working a lot in the guest room and it's 99% done! I am looking for a black desk to replace the fold-up metal square one.  It is a Middle Eastern/Old Word/Travel theme. We have a lot of souvenirs from a trip to the Middle East and want to showcase them.   Instead of a headboard to the queen bed, I opted to use two table runners, straight from a suq (market) in Oman.  I used a curtain rod from Big Lots, and curtain clips from Walmart. The bedding is from Bed Bath and Beyond, Target and Walmart.  I scored the lamp base from Walmart for $4 and the shade at Target for $5:


The fabric is absolutely gorgeous.  I like how that each panel is different, and the runners are unique and not too matchy-matchy:

The trunk is from TJ Maxx for $50.  The 4 pictures and the gold hanger above are from a suq in Dubai:


The bookshelf from Target. I am looking for a way hide that "cardboard" backing. Those lines drive me nuts. Pretty much everything on the shelves are from the Middle East, along with all our travel books.


No comments:

Post a Comment