November 03, 2010

Bookpage Wreath

I am so excited to show you what I made. I saw the tutorial at Living with Lindsey  and I knew I had to make it! It was cheap and easy. You'll need a foam wreath and a book from the Dollar Store. Make sure the pages of the novel are of brown-ish paper, and not white. You'll also need some brown paint to distress the edges of the book, and a lot of hot glue.

All you do is take the book and paint all three sides where the pages are exposed with brown or black paint.  You don't even need a brush, and don't be neat about it. Squeeze a drop or two onto a paper towel, and just swipe and drag it down. When it is dried, carefully tear the pages out.  From there, take 1 or 2 pages together and roll it. Hot glue the end (the UNpainted edges) to the foam wreath. Start in the inner side and work your way outwards.  Try different ways of rolling the paper.  If you go to Lindsey's tutorial, she has a video showing us how she did it.


I hung it up in our reading nook.  I found a set of the wall vinyl at Kohl's on clearance for a few dollars:

No comments:

Post a Comment