November 01, 2010

Iris Folding

Have you heard of iris folding? I didn't know about it until I was trying to make some unique and creative baby shower cards for my friend.  Basically you cut out a desired shape (it can be anything), in the middle of the cardstock paper. Then you cut small strips of a patterned lightweight paper and layer the pieces on top in a pattern (from the back). There are free patterns, templates and instructions online. Here are the cards I ended up with; they turned out awesome!  When have your iris image, it can get pretty thick with the layers of papers. I just glued the whole thing onto to the oatmeal colored blank card.

The patterned paper is actually brown wrapping paper I found from the Dollar Store. I also lined the enveloped to match:

No comments:

Post a Comment