November 06, 2010

Easy Stacked Cake

We had a great big wonderful birthday party for Little Boo. But on her actual birthday, we celebrated with a little stacked cake I whipped up.  I call it my cheat cake.  If you like shortcakes, you will like this idea.


In the grocery store, you can find shortcakes next to the strawberries.  I bought a package (4 in a package), and stacked them up with layer of frosting in between.  I had tinted the white "confetti" frosting to a lavender/blue color. I did not like how the "confetti" aka sprinkles looked. But it was all I had in the pantry. I know, I didn't make this frosting from scratch. =/

I didn't have time but I would have loved to put sliced strawberries or maybe jam in between the cake layers. That sounds delicious.

Then I used chocolate chips and stuck them on with the point-side into the cake to create a polka dot effect.

Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment