November 01, 2010

Wedding Invitation Booklet

A few years ago, my friend wanted to me help her make her wedding invites.  I had made my own when I was planning my wedding, and my friend liked them so much she wanted something similar.  I was so honored! I truly loved them.  We both had our weddings in a tourist spot, so a booklet invite was a perfect idea.

This is the front.  It is 5" x 7". My friend found a flower design she liked, and I embossed it (with the heat gun) and their monogram on the red thick cardstock.  I two-hole punched one side and hammered in the grommets.  Then I threaded the ribbon through:


The inside pages were shimmer cardstock.  Because of the shimmer, the paper was slick, and the ink would smear when touched.  So I went to Michael's to find a solution.  The fixative spray was a life saver! I sprayed two light coats and the ink was preserved.  I also created pages for a map, hotel information and thank you note.  For my own invites, I used postcards as RSVPs, and they were attached on the page with photo corner stickers.


I made her matching ceremony programs (but she and the bridal party assembled them):

Matching Thank-you cards - the front:

The back:


1 comment:

  1. I loved them as well!!! Thank you so much for all your hard work I don't know what I would have done without you!!

    ReplyDelete