November 03, 2010

Framed Wall Art

Names and initials are really popular in wall art, thanks to Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Ballard's Design, etc. I love everything in their catalogs.  I was inspired one day, and came up with these:

I love them! I had everything in the home already, so this literally costed me nothing. The 22" x 18" frames were a few dollars from Walmart.  In the same aisle at the store, there were cheap matching posters.  I got them too, to use as my structure base. 
I got out the unused pages of the 2 books I purchased at the Dollar Store for the Book Wreath.  I ripped small piece of the pages out, and modge-podged on the poster backing. When that dried, I did 2 more coats of modge podge.  While waiting for that to dry, I went to my computer and printed out the letters on Microsoft Word. I believe the font size was 128 (?) I cut out the letters and trace it with a Sharpie marker right on top. Then I used black paint and filled it in. And cleaned up the lines:
  


Now they hang on the wall here.  Please excuse the mess.  As I always say - crafting first, cleaning second. Haha:

Info about the window/sliding door treatment will be in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment