November 12, 2010

Baby Shower

I co-hosted a baby shower at the guest of honor's home.  It went really smooth and everything came together nicely, despite of some last minute changes.  Something unexpected came up with the other co-host, so I had to step up as the main host.  I wanted to keep things simple yet elegant.  Here is the setup:

On the white tables are extra flowers from the bouquets purchased at Costco.  I cut the stems and seriously just threw them randomly down in the middle of the table:



For the green tables, I arranged the flowers in vases.  It is definitely an art and a process to floral arranging.  A  long time ago, I watched a TV special on it, and knew it would come in handy one day.  Apparently, you can't just unwrap the bouquet you purchase and throw it into a vase.  I tried it and it just looked strange.  It was either too short or too tall, had too much or too little foliage, too sparse or too bunches...and the list goes on.  I really like the results, especially with the little amount of time I had. Vase #1:

Vase #2:

I made these hunny pots as favors, theme was Winnie the Pooh:


No comments:

Post a Comment