November 12, 2010

Recycle Greeting Cards

I have a big stash of greeting cards I received from friends over the years. I keep most of them; especially the cutest/prettiest ones.  But they are just sitting in the drawer and taking up space! I have been brainstorming what to do with my baby shower cards.  I wanted to further the challenge by making something that includes Boo's initials, that matches her nursery room, and made with everything I have at home already. That sounds...challenging, haha!
This is what I came up with:
I used a scalloped paper punch and cut out at least one from each card. Some I punched out the handwritten sweet notes, some from the front of the cards. There were some cards with 3D animals and couldn't resist - I cut them out separately.  I had a canvas and painted a periwinkle color as the background. Then I glued the scallops onto the canvas (I just eyeballed the lines), and sealed with 3 coats of modge podge. I had the letter "E" and hot glued that on top. Viola, done!
Here are some close ups:





2 comments: