November 12, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

Lil' Boo was Minnie Mouse for Halloween, so it would be the most fitting to carve a Minnie Mouse pumpkin! Actually it is a Funkins, one of those craft pumpkins I purchased at JoAnn's.  It carves like a real pumpkin but there's a lot of "saw dust" if you know what I mean, since it is made of low density foam. You won't have to empty the gooey insides of a real pumpkin, it will not rot and can be kept forever.

I printed out this Minnie Mouse template online, and carved the black parts out. One tip is to start the eyes and noses FIRST.  If you do that last, the pumpkin will not have the strength and will break. I got a cheap $3 plastic pumpkin carving knife and a $2 dollar fake flickering candle light at Michael's. Both worked like a charm.



I think I'll get a Funkins every year and add to the collection! It was really fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment